Dye Sublimation Process
Dye sublimation is a growing industry with many advantages to the consumer. We offer a variety of stock garment styles & designs but can always custom design for your order if needed.
- Artwork: You can choose from a variety of templates that we have or send us a sample of what you are looking for. We will then take and do a layout for you to approve. The difference with dye sublimated apparel is the graphics are fitted to each piece of the pattern. Every sleeve, collar, pocket and bodice get imprinted with anything you can imagine. This is process offers you complete coverage of the garment with full color design options. Personalizing team uniforms with names and numbers is now much easier and less expensive.
- Printing of Design: After the artwork has been set onto each template and approved by customer, we will print out using a large format digital printer. Once all the garment pieces have been printed the pieces of paper are cut out and prepped for printing on the garment pieced.
- Cutting Room: Every custom garment is cut out per order. The pieces are bundled together per size and style and prepped for the sublimation process.
- Printing of Fabric: Each piece is fused with the paper print then loaded onto a heat press large format iron to finish the print. The dye from the paper goes from solid state to gas state by means of sublimation when heated at high pressure & temperatures. The dye is permanent and will not fade. There is no ink buildup so the fabric maintains its original texture and breath-ability.
- Construction/Finishing: The last step is to assemble the garment pieces into a finished product. Once assembled and inspected the garments are packed per order. We have over 40 years of sewing experience and pride ourselves in quality workmanship.
PFI is able to help you with your next sublimation project from uniforms to banners. If you are looking for a quality item that will last for years please email us for more information at [email protected].